Franklin Recognized by Phoenix Historic Preservation Commission
Posted by Community Relations at 2/15/2012 12:00:00 PM
Franklin was one of 79 properties recognized for Arizona’s Centennial by the Phoenix Historic Preservation Commission, February 2. The school, built in 1926-27 has been placed on the Phoenix Historic Property Register and National Register of Historic Places. Principal Lorenzo Cabrera and Assistant Superintendent Nora Gutierrez received a certificate at the ceremony. Each property will receive an exterior wall-mounted plaque noting its historical status. The Phoenix Historic Property Register was established in 1986 and includes over 200 buildings, structures, sites, and districts significant in local, regional, state or national history, architecture, archeology, engineering and culture. Properties are reviewed for consistency with design guidelines to protect the integrity of their historic character, and are eligible to receive city financial incentives to assist with rehabilitation.