School Daily Announcements – Thursday, March 23, 2017 (Announcements will be read
over the PA DAILY)
Maryvale High School
Daily Announcements – Thursday, March 23, 2017
(Announcements will be read over the PA DAILY)
· Attention Students – Are you interested in being part of Maryvale’s Student Government next year? Applications for Executive Board and Class officers are available. All applications are due Thursday, March 30th. See Ms. Galaz in room 704 or Ms. McKinney in room 312 for an application. There will be an information meeting today after school in room 704 for anyone interested in running for an office.
· Attention Freshmen – Freshmen Class T-shirts are in. If you did not pre order one but wish you had see Ms. Johnson in room 101 to get one. Shirts are $12 and sizes are limited so get yours before they run out.
· Attention Maryvale Dragon Boat Team- Please pay your $7 to Colonel Nguyen (pronounced "Kernel When") for the team shirt. Meet at school at 7:00 AM on Saturday, March 25 for race day. Don't forget to bring a hat, sunblock, sunglasses, water, change of clothes, snacks, and money for food. Let's beat North! Bring your A game. Black and gold, strong and bold!
· Attention all students- Interested in Powder puff football? You must attend an informational meeting TODAY after school in room 410 to participate in Powder puff football as a player, cheerleader, coach, ref, or volunteer. All paperwork is due Wednesday, April 5. The game will be on Tuesday, May 9 at 6 PM.
· Attention Students - anyone interested in joining “First Generation” – Maryvale’s Step Team, there will be try outs TODAY & TOMORROW in the café from 2:50 to 4:00.
· Attention Maryvale Shoppers - The "Maryvale Clothing Closet" is opening this Friday in room 800 in the 800 building. The store features woman's designer jeans, sweaters, tank tops, blouses, dresses, skirts, shoes, bags and more. What’s the best part of it all? It is completely free! Limit 1 item per visit, or 2 if you bring a washed, nice quality item to exchange. The store is open from 2:35-3:30, so swing by and bring a friend!
· Community Service - Are you looking to add volunteer hours to your Stewardship requirement for Advisory? If so, please join the EARTH Club on Thursday, in room 727, after school!
· Maryvale Coding - If you are interested in coding or already part of the coding group, please come to the library after school on Friday, Monday, Tuesday. We are planning a field trip to ASU to learn more about coding. This short meeting will be field trip information.
· National Honor Society - All members need to come by room 100 and check-out your bag of candy to sell. There will be a meeting TODAY in room 100 at 2:45pm. Permission slips for the final two community service activities will be ready for distribution. Also, don't forget Senior Awards Night this Friday, in the auditorium, at 5:30pm. See you soon.
· PROM 2017 – ATTENTION MARYVALE, PROM is April 29th at the Hyatt Regency Downtown. Tickets will go on sale April 17th at the bookstore for $50 each during the first week. So get your tickets before prices go up. The first 150 tickets sold will receive a free 5x7 picture. If you are bringing a guest that does not attend Maryval you must fill out a guest pass. Guest passes are available in room 312. You can also win FREE TICKETS by submitting your amazing PROMPOSALS. Submit all promposals on Instagram using the hashtag #maryvalepromposal17. The deadline for all promposals will be April 21st.
· Attention students - You might have failed 3rd quarter, but it doesn’t mean that you have failed the semester. Student Unity Club is now here to help you, come to room 102 every Thursday afterschool and get tutored by one of your fellow classmates. We offer tutoring in every subject, and if you would like to be a tutor come and see us as well!
· Tennis Results - Congratulations, to Deux Mabika and Alonso Trevizo for defeating their doubles opponents the mesa jackrabbits 8-3 in Tuesday’s tennis match.
· Panthertown officers - Please congratulate your 2017 Panthertown officers! President-Ali Sambola, VP-Daniela Martinez, Secretary-Jacqueline Guerra, Historians-Claudia Robledo and Mirshan Daniel, Treasurer-Jorge Berlanga.
· Attention Students - Are you bored during lunch? There will be an art show in the 800 building TOMORROW. Please come by with your friends and vote for your favorite artwork.
· Tomorrow’s Club Meetings after school
è Earth Club in the Garden
· Today’s Club Meetings after school
è Be a Leader Club in Room 725
è Earth Club for Recycling Pick up
è NHS in Room 100
è Travel Club in Room 765
è French Club in Room 769
· Today’s Away Games
è Track Meet @ Alhambra
· Today’s Home Games